The Haunted Mansion The Haunted Mansion

Crappy graphics making it difficult to distinguish objects, bad hitboxes making it dificult to click objects, no clues of what needs to be discovered next, text which is either pixelated or cut off making it dificult to read, text text links which put the action on the text itself rather than a container movieclip/button which makes it difficult to click the text links, no ambient sound.

Wooooooooooooooooooo responds:

I promise all the hit boxes work fine you just gotta find em and yeah for next time I will use a containers rather than using the text as a link also in total I only have about 20 sound effects so it can be difficult sometimes. It would be interesting to know where abouts you got stuck in the game and if other people are having the same trouble.?

Amazingspace Amazingspace

Nice take on the genre which inspired the ripoff Flappy Bird. Love the retro PC graphics and the powerups and thrust features are great.

Pipeweed responds:

Thank you, i think i will release an updated version later :) this game was made in < 4 hours.

Foxy Racing Foxy Racing

This is a painted crap. The graphics are nice, sleek and clean. But the gameplay is abysmal: boring, sometimes no-win situations appear, and the control is both basic and flawed.

Heavy Metal Sandwich BETA Heavy Metal Sandwich BETA

I can't get the condiments to work. What am I doing wrong? Hilarious concept, to which I really connect because I often get drunk while listening to metal then make a sandwich.

HeartOfGold responds:

Haha, unfortunately the ketchup and mustard dont squirt yet, maybe in HMS 2. Thanks though, and glad you could relate.

Save the Pig Save the Pig

Man, add unlockables for full completion! Maybe speed runs, and a bonus challenge level, then a speed run for the bonus level after fully completing it.

Tight platforming action, good level design, smooth animation, solid control, great color palette and visuals, decent enemy variation and design. But the replay value is low.

This could make it into a full game on something like Humble or the various console arcades. But it would need more levels (perhaps different worlds/areas) and, as I said, more replay value, such as speed runs and a bonus challenge stage. I'd buy it for a few bucks. If you're feeling ambitious try 2-player head-to-head competition mode for points and time (I guess weight time into points, and give each enemy a point value).

3.5 because low replay value.

syypoo responds:

Excellent post, thank you! This is our first serious game and it was very difficult to finish! We will try to make our games better. Maybe we'll come back to this game and will do better next part. Thanks for playing.

Idle Evolution Idle Evolution

I got some medals, but this was after Flash crashed Firefox and I forgot to log ack in (but the appdata was saved). Now I don't have the medals, even though I went into the Exam and clicked them. Any clue how to get my medals that I earned while not logged in? I've been playing this passively in another tab for 2 days now. It's interesting Edutainment. Maybe add actual exams, like quizes which give you a temporary stats boost.

NewProject responds:

-This game is html5, I don't use flash. It's a problem with newgrounds web.
-When you click to check get medals again (in exam) I don't check if you already have it. If you must have 10 medals, the game send to newgrounds 10 requests to add medals.
You can try to export the savegame to other browser, log in kongregate, check medals. I'm not sure if this work.
-Really it's a good idea to make a quiz to boost production.

Attack of the cheese Attack of the cheese

Hey! What the hell???

UVL: Super Spacebar UVL: Super Spacebar

Broke it

Tume it so you tie. The game freezes. Also, stupid game.

Avalanche Ascent Avalanche Ascent

Potential

Coming from someone who grew up in arcades, I would have paid a quarter to play this back then. But it has some problems. Forget the graphics, I'm talking gameplay.

All of the obstacles are presented from the beginning. You need to add them as you go along. And make it fluid level based, like every 255ft is a level.

Start off with just the icicles at the fist level, then add the thin ice, then the boulders. Throw in avalanches so you have an obstacle wider than the icicle but still falls straight down (maybe starts out thin then gets wider as it goes down the screen?) and maybe yetis in caves that throw snowballs at you. Just add one new obstacle each level until a certain number of levels has been reached. Then loop it: start with just the one obstacle, but speed everything up a bit. And keep doing that, over and over. It will be like an old arcade game, or a crappy gameboy game (hell, I still play Snood sometimes).

As for the powerups, that one that destroys everything? Why is everything destroyed? Make it fit the theme. What goes with mountain climbing? How about yodeling? Yodeling. What is the icon that gives you increased speed? It should be hot cocoa. And there aren't many pickaxes given out. The health came about in good fashion. But that's all I saw. Need more. maybe a rope? If you lose a life you start off where you picked up the rope instead of at the beginning of the stage.

Sumo148 responds:

Thank you for the wonderful criticism. This was a quick minigame i made back in the day, I'll be sure to fix up everything and add some stuff that you mentioned.

Green vector wheels Green vector wheels

Pretty good, but...

For a physics-based game you shouldn't be able to jump in mid-air.